Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mostly up and then down

We had been doing quite well until a week ago. I'm not sure what happened or what caused it. I've been going to work, getting along fine, and yes, I cry sometimes in my car or when my door is closed. But I hadn't really lost it until last Thursday. I still have some thank-you notes to write, so I decided to write a few. That brings up so many difficult memories and feelings (SO trying to suppress them, get over them). Writing the thank you notes led to looking at a few cards, and that led me to looking at some of her pictures again. I cried for about 2 hours. I've cried several times the couple of days pretty intensely as well. Adam broke down too a couple of days ago because he spoke to a friend he hadn't talked to in months, and they didn't know what happened. Having to tell the story again makes us relive it. I look around our little apartment sometimes and get depressed because it's not where I expected us to be right now. I'd still be pregnant, and we'd be in at least a two-bedroom, not a studio. We'd have baby things around, and we'd be looking forward to her birth. I'd be winding things down at work preparing to be off for a few weeks. Instead I'm working diligently trying to get my sales pipeline going again. We were planning on buying a house; now we're going to stay here for a while and pay off our student loans. That's not a bad idea....it's a very good idea. But it's not where I expected to be. I kiss her little silver box every morning and say, "Good morning, Sweetheart. I love you!" I hope she can hear me or feel me. We miss her so much and are very much looking forward to seeing her again.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Saying the following to you scares me a little, I don't want to make you sad.

I really do want you to know that whenever I have heard Viva La Vida I have prayed for Francesca and for you both. I will continue to do so.

:)

Mo and Bran said...

Tell me about her silver box. Perhaps I missed the explanation of it. I think that there is no baseline of "normal" to measure what you are going through. Just keep on keeping on, and through it all, cling together and remember her! We love you guys.