Francesca fought the new ventilator this morning. They set it at 36 breathes per minute but she averaged around 120. They gave her a sedative to calm her down a bit, but it only worked for a few minutes. Stubborn little thing! Eventually they simply tweaked a few of the settings, and that worked like a charm. By the time we visited again this afternoon she was breathing more steadily. They also took out her chest tube and did not find any more air bubbles when they x-rayed her chest. They will x-ray again tomorrow morning just to be sure.
Another good day. We spent a lot of time just watching her sleep today, tickled at every little movement. Adam read that some preemies benefit from hearing womb-like sounds in the incubator, so we're going to look for a "womb" CD. The nurse said she didn't mind if we played that continuously to her, as long as it didn't upset her. If anyone knows where to find one of these CD's, please let me know.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
www.babiesrus.com
There is a Womb Sounds Bear that sells for around $25. I haven't used it myself but I have friends that really liked it.
I hope that helps.
Jen
She is so beautiful. I wish I could see her. Can you set up a live feed from her monitor? I would feel much better if I could watch that minute by minute. ;)
There is this cd at tower records:
http://www.tower.com/sounds-womb-media-right-productions-cd/wapi/106212696
so you can probably get it at the local stores?!?!?
Post a Comment