









We had a very nice service for Frankie last Friday. Adam and I enjoyed seeing everyone. Thank you so much for stopping by. And it's quite all right to not know what to say -- there isn't anything right to say at such a time. Nothing can really make us feel better, but just stopping by was all the support we needed.
We placed her in her bassinette and draped it with a sheer pink fabric. We tied the four corners with sprays of pink peonies and baby's breath. She wore her "I'm Not a Boy!" onesie (the only thing we could find that almost fit her), a pink knit hat, and pink and white booties. Although we didn't have an open "casket," she did look beautiful. We were very happy. Her pink bunny Grandma Carol gave her for Christmas kept her company in the bassinette.
Many, many friends and family sent beautiful flowers and plants. Thank you so much. We had everything from pink roses to white carnations, lillies, white roses, and pink daisies adorned around her. Other than her, we've never seen anything so beautiful. Adam and I picked out a spray of pink peonies (my favorite flower) for the top of the bassinette. They smelled so good.
We played Cold Play's CD Living La Vida in the background because I had heard their song, "Living La Vida," playing when I found out I was pregnant. So it only seemed fitting that we should play it at her funeral. We asked our good friend, Steven, to say a few words, and Adam and I also read a poem and story that fit the occasion. Steven did a wonderful job. We had a slideshow playing showing many of her pictures during her hospital stay, the ones we took while we were holding her as she passed, and the ones we took when we got to spend a few hours with her afterwards. Although it may seem morbid, I'm so glad we spent that time with her, and I'm glad we took pictures. We squeezed a lifetime of moments into those couple of hours. We got to hold her, rock her, and speak softly to her. I know she could hear us and feel our love.
We had three tables filled with everything she had acquired in her 19 days (and the 6 months beforehand) for everyone to view. It's amazing how much someone can accumulate in so little time! We will treasure every little momento as it will remind us of our beautiful little girl forever.
5 comments:
Adam & Heather I found out today about Francesca, I am at a loss for words, I read saying goodbye and got sick to my stomach I have never read anything that made be so sad before in my life, I have no Idea why two wonderful people have to go through such a terrible time, I told Donna not to read it until she was ready, I came in the house a couple hours later to ask her a question and she was sitting at the computer balling her eyes out, I just walked away because I knew she just read saying goodbye. No words in the world could explain how sorry we feel for your loss, I had high hopes for you two, I thought this was going to be perfect for you guys, I guess the man up stairs has bigger plans for you two. I want you to know that I had planned to be a better friend through this I wanted to call so many times, and really don't know what came up to stop me, but I feel bad all the same, there is no excuses that will work here. We sat down to dinner tonight a said a special pray for you guys, just know you guys will be in our prays for a long time. Ernst and Donna
I love you Frankie, Heather and Adam.....
Adam and Heather,
I would just like to share some thoughts and feelings with you in these less than happy holidays. I find a lot of inspiration, wisdom, and support from our Grigsby family. Grandpa and Grandma raised four ornery boys in a house that started out little more than a shack. They came to every recital, game, play, graduation, etc. of their grandchildren that they could. I remember when Dad and Grandma took Tayla and me sledding and Grandma broke her wrist, but refused to let Dad take us home because we were having a good time. I remember Grandpa taking us grandkids with him on his Meals-On-Wheels runs to instill civic duty in us. I remember Grandpa taking such good care of Grandma in her long painful battle with cancer and having the strength to tell her it was okay to go in her final hours. I remember hearing a lady at Grandma’s funeral talk about how Grandma had her volunteer work moved up from June to March or April because she wasn’t sure she would be alive or have the strength do it in the summer. That has always been the most important and lasting lesson Grandma has left with me. I think about how Jeff takes such wonderful care of Beth and they both continue to live to fullest despite Beth’s disabilities and hardships. I remember my own father leaving a management position to move back in with his parents and work bridge construction so he could be close to me after he and my mom divorced.
Heather, just that you can endure the trials and loss of the past weeks, but have remained so strong and positive, is one of the finest testaments to our family. Adam, one only needs to look at the pictures to see a father who is doing his best to be strong for his wife and daughter, but is weathered and tired from the long anxious days and hours of crying and prayer, hoping for a miracle. You have certainly shown that you are great addition to our Grigsby tapestry and a role model for husbands and fathers. I wish Francesca could have had a much easier and considerably longer life. She came into this world fighting, battled for her few short weeks, and left loved and missed in the arms of two terrific parents. She certainly carried the tradition of strong Grigsby women in her far too short time with us. In these dark times you three have been an inspiration to us all and a reminder of the strength that is our family.
Zach Grigsby
ADAM AND HEATHER
WE ARE SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSS OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL LITTLE ANGEL FROM ABOVE.THAT WAS VERY UNSELFISH OF YOU BOTH TO TAKE THE TIME TO LET US KNOW THE UPS AND DOWNS OF OUR BLESSED DAYS THAT HER PRESENCE WAS ON THIS EARTH. I MARVEL AND STAND AMAZED AT THE STRENGTH THAT YOU BOTH HAVE . I AM SURE IT IS A COMFORT TO KNOW THAT IF SHE CAN NOT BE IN YOUR ARMS THAT SHE IS PEACFULLY RESTING IN GODS. I LOVED THE PINK SHOE ON THE BENCH. SHE TRULY IS A ANGEL FROM ABOVE LETTING HER MOM AND DAD KNOW THAT SHE IS OK.IT IS AMAZING HOW YOUR LITTLE LADY BROUGHT US TOGETHER.LIKE ZACH SAID SHE TOO HAS THE STRONG GRIGSBY WOMEN TRAIT. TYSON ALWAYS TALKS OF WHEN YOUR GRANDMA CAME TO HIS GRADUATION KNOWING ALL THE PAIN THAT SHE WAS IN. THAT MEANS THE WORLD TO HIM. SHE SOUNDED LIKE SHE WAS QUTIE A LADY. I AM SURE SHE WAS WAITING ON LITTLE FRANCESCA WITH OPEN ARMS. ALL OF OUR LOVE AND PRAYERS. THANK YOU AGIAN FOR SHARING HER PRECIOUS LIFE.
TYSON,ANN,EASTON AND MILEY GRIGSBY
GRANDPA CASEY,
Francesca was very blessed to have a grandpa that loves her so much. It was so touching that you spent that time with her and let her know how much she means to you. I truly believe that the love she received is what kept her going. As blessed as Francesca was to have a grandpa that loves her and showed her how much he did,i am sure that you feel that you are the one that has been blessed to know her.
we love you uncle casey
tyson,ann,easton and miley
Post a Comment