Sunday, December 21, 2008

Now I know why she was here..

After all the hard fighting a bouncing back this little girl did she did something much greater than I had even thought. She bound the families back together without even leaving her little incubator. Mom and Dad are on there way from Richmond VA and now there purpose is to be with there son and daughter in law. I have received more phone calls, emails, texts from people long ago. Family members I haven't spoken to in years because we are all living our own lives. But she wasn't meant to stay..

We received that phone call today at 12:30 Francesca was at full capacity and the nurses had done everything they could. I got to the hospital first and her heart rate was already under 80beats per minute. I told her it was OK she was safe and I loved her very much. I stroked her head and she held my pinkie with her little hand. Heather arrived right behind me and we got her out of the incubator. Casey was with us as we got to hold her for the first time. I was kissing her forehead and telling her what a good job she had done of fighting this long. Heather held her in her arms as we watched her heart rate go below 30 beats per minute. They put a screen around us to give us our final minutes with her as she passed away. This is by far the most difficult thing I have have had to endure. There are no emotions they all seem to fall short. No screaming or yelling just soft words spoken to let Francesca know it was OK to go now. I know many of you have been following Francesca's blog very closely and I thank all of you for the support and kind words that were given to us. I know your thoughts and prayers helped us to have more time with her.

No comments: